Have Properly Running Units
If you’re looking for help with furnace maintenance in Colorado Springs, CO, our team of professionals at Summit Heating and Cooling is here to do the job! We know how important it is to keep your furnace running properly, and we’re here to help. We’ll inspect your furnace and make sure it’s functioning properly, and we’ll also provide tips on how to keep it running smoothly. Contact us at 719-286-3500 to schedule a consultation.
Steps For Maintenance
Performing regular maintenance on your furnace is one of the best ways to keep it running efficiently and prevent costly repairs down the road. There are a few key steps involved in furnace maintenance:
- Cleaning or replacing the air filter: This is arguably the most important step in furnace maintenance, as a dirty filter can restrict airflow and cause your furnace to work harder than necessary. Depending on the type of filter you have, you’ll either need to clean it regularly or replace it every few months.
- Vacuuming the blower: The blower is responsible for circulating air through your furnace, so it’s important to keep it clean. Use a vacuum attachment to remove any dust or debris that has built up on the blades.
- Lubricating the moving parts: Most furnaces have several moving parts that need to be lubricated on a yearly basis. This helps to keep them running smoothly and prevent premature wear and tear.
- Checking the flue pipe: The flue pipe carries harmful gases away from your furnace, so it’s important to make sure it’s in good condition. Inspect the pipe for any cracks or leaks and have them repaired as soon as possible.
- Inspecting the heat exchanger: The heat exchanger is one of the most important parts of your furnace, as it’s responsible for transferring heat from the combustion chamber to the air being circulated through your home. If there are any cracks or leaks in the heat exchanger, it could allow harmful gases to escape into your home. have it inspected by a professional every few years to be safe.
Regularly performing these simple maintenance tasks will go a long way towards keeping your furnace in good working condition for many years to come.
For professional services with furnace maintenance in Colorado Springs, CO, contact our team today.
Contact Now For Services
If you’re in need of furnace maintenance in Colorado Springs, CO, our Summit Heating and Cooling team can help. We’ll make sure your furnace is running properly and efficiently, and we can also troubleshoot any issues you may be having. Contact us today at 719-286-3500 to schedule a maintenance appointment.